Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Movie night with kids and date night

Ivy knew about this activity at her school for about 2 weeks before it happened and begged every single day for us to be able to go. It was a viewing of the Polar Express in the auditorium of the elementary school for families to attend and they provided popcorn and hot chocolate! My, was it quite the event. I don't think I've ever seen so many excited kids in one place. They each brought blankets and pillows to be comfortable while watching, although I'm not sure many of them did very much actual watching. Ha! Ivy was excited to see her friend Anna there and sat next to her for most of the time. Marshall watched more of the movie than Ivy did, surprise surprise. LOL! And I was very ready to leave after it was over and meet our babysitter at home to put the kids to bed so Sam and I could enjoy the rest of our evening out on a date!
We enjoyed dinner together, then met up with our close friends at Model City Tap House. It was sort of a goodbye to our friends Porter and Leisa who are moving next month! But I really think it was just a good excuse for us all to get together and hang out. Haha! Fun night!

No comments: