Sunday, December 11, 2016

Thanksgiving with family

For Thanksgiving this year, we headed down to Dan and Richelle's again in North Carolina. Steve and Sarra decided to join us again! A couple nights before we were supposed to head down, Marshall came down with a funny stomach bug that seemed to only last for a day. I really thought no one else was going to catch it because we weren't planning to leave for a couple days and all of us seemed healthy... Boy was I wrong! In the early morning hours of Thanksgiving DAY, I got very sick with what seemed to be the same stomach bug that Marshall had. THE WORST. I stayed in bed most of the day and skipped dinner with the family altogether for fear of getting sick again. Finally around 5pm, a couple hours after family dinner, I was feeling better and after having NOTHING all day, I tried to enjoy a few bites of the "Turkducken," potatoes, and corn souffle. It was a rough but luckily quick sickness. We enjoyed a nice relaxing game of cornhole that evening.  Sam felt pretty awful the next night but had tried to eat super light just in case. So he didn't end up being too sick, but Ivy did indeed get sick through the night of Thanksgiving. She felt okay the next day so luckily it was short lived for her, as well. After that, we enjoyed the rest of the weekend together before heading back to Kingsport. Ultimate, park time, Chuy's, disc golf, and just relaxing with the fam were on the schedule the next couple days. Still a fun week despite sickness! And luckily no one else caught the awful bug!
The next day, kids and I enjoyed the park while the boys and Sarra enjoyed a game of Ultimate:
All the cousins together (plus Sarra holding Andrew):
Chuy's later after Ultimate:
Chillin' with my goofballs. Marshall wearing Daddy's glasses:
Kids snuggling up to Aunt Richelle:
Disc golf and bike rides:

No comments: