Sunday, December 11, 2016

Biltmore with Cantemus!

The Sunday after Thanksgiving, my women's chorus was on the schedule to sing one evening at the Biltmore down in Asheville, N.C.! During the Christmas season, They have live performing groups every evening for the people who are touring the home. I have been waiting literally years to see this place. I've known about it but we just haven't been able to visit yet! So to say I was excited was a little bit of an understatement! And it really did not disappoint! There is so much to see and do, that because we were singing most of the time I was there, it was near impossible to see everything! We had a few breaks in between singing though, so it was still fun to walk around and visit. I carpooled down with a fun group of girls we are oddly enough, ALL medical wives (some already attendings and some student wives)! Made for some great conversation. We spent the first little while walking around the house together, then met up with our group in the green room just before we were to sing in the Atrium. It wasn't the best acoustics but it was  beautiful location and we had a LOT of fun singing seasonal pieces together! And people seemed to really enjoy our performances. It was beautiful to see the house and grounds decorated for the season, too!

No comments: