Sunday, May 22, 2016

Briarwood Safari

A couple weeks ago, Ivy's preschool class drove out to a little podunk place called Briarwood Safari about an hour away. Marshall and I tagged along to help chaperone the event and glad we went because it was quite the experience! The entire class sat in one trailer for the entire length of the safari and there were buckets of food to feed the animals as we drove past. I was pretty impressed with how brave these little kiddos were! AND how unafraid the animals were of us! I guess they are used to it by now.
Not every day you get to take a selfie with a llama!!
YAK! No joke! 
These next couple pics are of an albino buffalo! There are only 13 in the entire USA! supposedly there are legends behind seeing a white buffalo that have to do with sacred life and abundance. The worker said they have had Native Americans come and see this particular one and perform prayers and rituals when they do! Pretty cool:
My kiddos and I walked around after lunch and the class had left to check out a few more animals they had there! Such a FUN DAY!

No comments: