Monday, June 26, 2017

Lake Powell (lots of pics)

After Durango, we headed off on our week at Lake Powell. Breaking the trip up a little was so nice! We only had about 4 hours to travel that morning after already traveling cross country a few days before. Anyways, I will leave all the logistics out and just get right to the fun! We were on the boat this year with Grandpa/grandma, Jeff/family, Joe/family and Steve by himself. It was a hilariously fun week. I also want to point out that we had been looking forward to having peace and quiet on this vacation after such a crazy month we had. It did not disappoint! Now that the kids are a little older, it's so much easier to keep them occupied. Sam, cousins, and uncles would all take turns taking them on boat rides, jet skis, paddle boards, kayaks whenever my kids wanted! They make for easy tagalongs these days! And I definitely took every opportunity I could to just sit in the quiet, or read a book. This year was also a little different because the water was quite a bit colder, being earlier in the season than we've been in the past. There was no way I was getting in that water and I was totally okay with it! Ha! Didn't stop the kids or Sam from getting in, though! Lake Powell seems to get more fun every year, the older my kids get. So grateful to be able to have this fun tradition every year! 
Ivy wakesurfing with Uncle Joe:
Emily got a pretty good gash in her head and it was too late at night to drive to the marina. Dr. Sam glued her back together:
And then went out and caught some fish:
Working out on the beach:
More posts to come!



No comments: