Monday, June 15, 2015

Nails

This past year or so, I've taken on a new hobby of painting my nails... It was sort of unintentional but the more I learned and tried new things with a few friends of mine, the more it became addicting! Hehe.. Good thing it's much cheaper than sewing or crafting! I don't claim to be a professional by any means but it's helped me express my creative side on a strict budget (med school life! Lol). Anyways, I took a pic of just about each one so here is a catch up from the past year:

Fall, Halloween, and Christmas:

Winter, Valentines, and nails for Gala (the black and gold, Ivy wanted to copy me afterwards, lol):



Ombre, St. Patrick's day nails, my favorite red, and then blue birthday nails:

Summer creativity:
This light blue has a daisy on the middle finger.. Flower craze!
Finally some summer dot fun:

3 comments:

Debbie Buisson said...

How fun! Do you use quick dry polish? I don't have the patience to sit for so long to let it dry (which makes me wonder how you do it with two kiddos!). Also, how do you keep it from peeling? I get irritated with all the effort I put in to only see it peel within 12 hours. Grrrrr.

kat said...

I do use a quick dry on top! I also use a clear polish from Sally's called Gelous (it's not a gel polish, just a coat that helps prevent chipping)... So the layers I do are-- color, Gelous, color, Gelous, Quick Dry on top. Sometimes I skip the last Gelous coat if I'm lazy. ha! My nails usually stay about 4-5 days before chipping! No matter what brand of polish I use! the Gelous stuff really is the trick. :) So all in all I do them about once a week, I'd say. which is a big difference from before, where they'd chip after a day like yours! I hated that! But I can find time once a week to do them! Makes a big difference! :)

kat said...

I think you can buy the Gelous stuff from Amazon, actually.. if you don't have a Sally's near you.