Friday, June 12, 2015

Ivy Luella is 4 !



Ivy's birthday was back in May on the 16th. This girl has matured so much in the last year. It's like all of a sudden, a little person lives in our house instead of a little kid. There are a million ways to describe this girl but I think the best way to describe her is "too smart of her own good!" This girl is sharp. I can tell she got the witty Robinson gene. She makes us laugh every single day and blows me away with how fast she catches onto things. She is cautious yet fun-loving. Social butterfly, yet strong willed. The most loving big sister but still very opinionated. Ha!

She is one of the girliest girls I know, who loves dress-ups, princesses (Aurora is her favorite) and dancing around the room. She loves stuffed animals (especially her lizard Pascal and Marinna the mermaid) and princess Barbie dolls. Ivy loves any sort of crafts including painting, markers, and play-do. She loves making necklaces with her Pop-arty beads and helping mom make cookies or macaroni.   
She calls french fries "senf fries" and her habit of saying questions a little bit out of order is one of my favorite things to hear throughout the day. A few of the normal ones that we've heard more than once-
"What you're funny about?" (what are you laughing at)
"How time it is?" (what time is it)
"I'm having a long time" (I'm having a hard time)
She is such a little extrovert and is always wanting to sing and dance, no matter who is watching. And she is definitely not afraid to talk to anyone no matter where we are. Likes to ask people what their names are and how old they are. Doesn't matter if they are kids or adults! Makes for some funny conversations with new faces everyday. Hehe.. 
A few months before she turned 3 last year, we figured out that Ivy has a lot of Sensory Processing issues. Mainly aural skills (auditory) and oral sensory (like with food). After learning about sensory processing and how to help her, as well as some occupational therapy, we've really come a long way in a year and a half. She used to have a lot of anxiety but this past year she has really progressed so much with how she handles many different situations. I am so proud of how much she has learned and grown in that aspect of her life and it takes so much stress off knowing that she is in a much better place these days. Just in time for Preschool! I think she is so smart and so ready for this fall. Her personality in a nutshell. Lol 
Her favorite foods (besides ice cream and donuts of course) are nuggets, chocolate milk, yogurt, sour cream and onion Pringles, pickles, carrots, and any fruit. She is learning to eat bread, finally! and has tried a number of other new foods these past few months. I don't mind that she is a picky eater, as long as she is always willing to try new things.

She is the best big sister to Marshall and loves to run around and wrestle with him. We just love our spunky, crazy, hilarious, smart, SWEET girl. It has been exciting to watch her grow.


And finally, some funny conversations with Ivy that I wanted to record from the past 6 months or so:
Kat: Ivy, what does mommy call Marshall? What is his nickname?
Ivy: (after a pause to think) No, no!

Sam:(one night having troubles staying in bed)You can't come out of the room for anything.
Ivy: ...But what about everything?!

Ivy: (Bringing her pretend bowl over) Mom, smell this. It's ice cream. I made it.
Kat: Mm yum!
Ivy: ..but don't eat it yet! It's hot. I put it in the oven.

Ivy: (holding her eyelid with her fingers) Mom, what is this one thing?
Kat: It's called your eye LID. The lid for your eye.
Ivy: OHhhh. You mean because I'm me?
Kat: Um. Yes.

Kat: (about Marshall) He's just so dramatic.
Ivy: Yeah! He's so dramagic!

Ivy: (Stomping away after I told her she could get out of time out) Ballerinas DON'T go to time out.

Ivy: (finding that her Sonic slush was gone from the freezer) Where's my slush?
Sam: Oh, uhhhh it melted, so I threw it away...
Ivy: Dad..... did you eeeeeaaat iiiiiit?? (too smart, this girl. lol)

Kat: Are you getting sleepy?
Ivy: No... i'm just getting.... a little princess-y.

Ivy: (after Sam shaved his head in March) Dad, I like your hair. It's funny. Some day it will grow up.

Kate: I think I have a cold.
Ivy: Well... you should put a sweater on, like me.

Kat: Did you have fun?
Ivy: I don't know. (she knows I don't like it when she tells me No.)
Kat: Don't say you don't know. Just say yes or no. Did you have fun??
Ivy: No.

Ivy: Mom, I'm 25...... Juuuuust kidding. (while laughing)

Kat: Zip it!!!! (her mouth, of course.)
Ivy: But... It's not a zipper!!!!!

Ivy: I'm getting a text from my princesses... They just texted me back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE ALL these photos of Ivy! And I'm dying Laughing this post of her comments!! LOL :)

Unknown said...

*at this post :/