Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ivy's Birthday

These are pics from Ivy's actual birthday 2 weeks ago on the 16th. We had such a great day! Sam stayed home for the morning so we could celebrate at Ihop with some pancakes and fruit and go swimming together after Ivy's morning nap. One of the salesmen's birthday was that day too so he (Trent) and a few others came with us to Ihop. It was so fun!

Good morning, sunshine. Just before we left for breakfast:

Ihop! 

Birthday boy in the middle:

Swimming with daddy:




 Opening a couple presents from mom/dad and Mema/Grandpa.
She was pretty excited to finally have something new around the house. Played with both of these all afternoon. I'll be honest, I bought all of her toys for her birthday from Kid to Kid just down the road. She got quite a few presents bc I found all of them for so cheap (used, but all in great condition). That Kid to Kid near my house ROCKS. I've never been to one with such an awesome selection. Yay for new toys! And for saving $!
Later on, I tried to make dinner pretty special by letting her have chicken nuggets and ketchup for the first time. She loooved them. Afterwards, I baked some brownies but she wasn't too fond of those. She just sat there squishing them. Maybe the texture was funny to her. I'm not sure, lol.


We just love my baby girl and had so much fun celebrating her birthday with her. After my post last week about her not being a very big talker yet she started babbling/singing so much more AND has been more friendly to people around her besides her mama and daddy. I feel like in just two weeks time she has changed so much. It's so crazy to me how fast she is growing and learning. I think it is exciting and fun though. Doesn't make me sad one bit. Maybe talk to me when she goes to her first day of school though. I'm sure I will feel differently, lol..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ivy is adorable! I'm so happy that she likes her farm! Watching her eat her chicken nuggets with ketchup all over her fingers is awesome! A true "Brown grandchild" unless of course that runs in Sam's family also! Haha
I'm glad that she had such a fun Birthday! It sounds like she had more than one birthday... Maybe 2-3 celebrations? I mean a girl can't have too many parties or get too many presents... right??
kisses from Mema :)

Sarra said...

She's cute!
You don't even have to wait for school - Primary is a pretty big step! Steve was pretty funny about Steph's first Primary program in Springville. :)