Friday, May 18, 2012

My first Mother's Day

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day this year! I was sort of excited because it was my first official one. Just wanted to post some fun pics of the day. Sam was so sweet. He brought me home flowers the night before after going grocery shopping for my mother's day dinner. Then surprised me the next morning with a giant balloon that he hid in the car (Said it was my gift from Ivy, hehe). We went to church and Ivy was her usual self, even on Mother's day (church with a 1 year old has proven to be tricky these days lol).. Then came home, put the tired toddler to bed, and took full advantage of the gas grill at our complex. Sam made a delicious tri-tip sirloin and baked potatoes. YUM! It was a great day. :)


And of course, none of this celebrating would be happening without this little girl in our lives. I just love her so much and LOVE being her mommy. She makes me laugh everyday and I try to do the same for her. I wouldn't rather be doing anything else in the WORLD besides being with her every moment of the day. I read a quote on someone's fb status and I felt like it summed up how I feel pretty well. This is just an excerpt from it: "... Before I was a Mom, I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down... I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much. I never knew that I could love someone so much. I never knew I would love being a Mom." It is so true, I never knew I would love being a mom this much. Love you baby girl! 

2 comments:

Katie said...

That pic of you and Ivy is so cute!! Looks like you had a great Mother's Day : ) I remember telling Steve when Raleigh was little, it feels like my heart is walking around outside my body in child form. Such a crazy surreal feeling to be the mom now! Gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of you and Ivy!
She loves her mommy that is for sure!! I'm so happy that you had a nice Mother's day Kathryn! Sam is good to you :) You are a good mommy to Ivy! I love you and I'm proud of you. Love, MOM
love, MOM