Wednesday, March 17, 2010

my age....

What is the worst thing about being your age?
I am just a few weeks away from being 23 years old. I think the worst thing about this age is the fact that people still mistake me for an 18 or 19 year old freshman on campus haha... when in fact, i am in my 5th year of being here at byu. crazy...I'm sure one day I will be grateful for my youthful look but as for right now, its still sort of annoying to be mistaken for a teenager lol.

What is the best thing about being your age?
I actually can't wait to be 23. I feel like 22 still sounds so young.. whereas 23 just sounds more mature, more respectable haha... I feel a great thing about this age is I still have life ahead of me. It is right after being viewed as too young and before the older, more responsible years of my life.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

unfortunately, at 29 years old people will still pass me at the grocery store or the mall and ask if both my boys are mine because i look too young to have 2 kids.So i fear it wont stop until you are wrinkily. The only difference now is that i take it as a compliment! (it used to really annoy me too!) So i guess my advice is to just enjoy it while it lasts!

Shaun and Kelli said...

haha I get that too. I was getting gas in my car one night and some high school boys tried a line on me to pick me up. Haha, i died laughing and told them I was on my hm to my 2 kids and starving husband with dinner. oh well.

I do agree about 22 and 23, there is a difference. Sad to say you will always be the "little sister" in our eyes. Love you!

Sarah said...

Oh, Kathryn to be 22/23 again. I was single and done with school and living in Orlando, Florida. Had a job and a car and had money to spend-even thougth I thought I didn't:) To relive those young days. I say enjoy looking young!! The other day someone mistakened Eric as a missionary-yeah he is 35!! You got the young genes that run through your family-Kelli getting picked up by highschool boys-that is funny!!

Annie said...

Happy almost birthday! This might call for a pizookie.