Sunday, September 13, 2015

New friends (still catching up)

When we first moved to the area back in June, Sam and I got passes to the YMCA. I randomly took a yoga class one evening and met a couple girls that seemed super nice.. After the class, we made the connection that we all had kids in child watch that were similar ages..  They told me about the Kingsport Mom's Club that they were a part of and that I should look it up online. Said it was a fun group and they do lots of stuff together. Well we went out of town for 3 weeks so I didn't give it much thought until after we came back home and got a little more settled in.. I emailed someone and said I was interested, then met up with a few other girls at a play date at the pool one morning and they talked me into joining. :) These are pictures from our first few outings with our new group of friends! I really wasn't too sure about it all at first but it turned out that I really clicked with many of the girls in the group. And the fact that a lot of them have kids my exact ages make things especially fun. :) 

Lunch at Eastman Cabins (really just pavilions in a park) with the club:
It just so happened that the week I joined was the week they were having "Mom's Night Out" which someone hosts once a month with a different theme or activity. That month's theme was "Christmas in July." Haha:
Evening at the park with a few of our new friends:
For the August MNO, we went to a cafe down in Johnson City called Tupelo Honey. The food was so good! And the company, even better. It really is a fun group of girls. :)
My new friend Heather, who happens to live right around the corner from me in our neighborhood:
Chilling on the outdoor patio:

No comments: