Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Family photo shoot

Sunday morning went a little something like this.. I get Ivy dressed in her adorable orange and pink dress that I've been so anxious for her to fit into. Sam comes in the room and says "Oh she looks so cute!! Maybe I should wear my orange tie to match her!" Then a few minutes later, as I'm taking a couple pics of Ivy on my iphone, Sam walks in with his suit and tie on. Looking down at my own outfit, I realize the dress I'm wearing totally clashes with both of them. It's a red orangish color. I mention it to Sam and say I'm going to go change bc we clearly look ridiculous together haha. He then says, "you should wear something bright pink to match us!!" Now those of you who know me know that I'm not a very cheesy person. And I would say that a matching family at church on Sunday would equate to exactly that. Cheesy. However, I couldn't get over the fact that both of us happen to own something that matches Ivy's dress almost exactly and how cute Sam was being about the whole thing. ;) SOO I put on my pink shirt and white skirt and Sam said he was gonna call his bro Steve and ask him if he could take a few photos of us that evening after family dinner down in Pearland...

I think it's funny how when you try to plan something like this, it almost never works out. but if it's spontaneous and random, you always get more than you bargained for. We LOVE how they all turned out. Thanks so much Steve for the amazing job!! We had a lot of fun!












5 comments:

Jen and Zach said...

Those pics turned out soo cute!

mema said...

I love all the pictures! Great job Steve!
There is something so special about that last photo...and I do love the one of Kathryn looking at Ivy...oh so sweet!

Jennifer Ricks said...

Oh My Gosh! What a beautiful family!!!

The Busey Family said...

Love the pictures and I love the matching colors. SO much fun!!

yourstrulydear said...

these are adorable!! she is so cute, and so are you guys :)