Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ivy's Blessing

On Sunday July 3rd, Sam was able to give Ivy a blessing in our ward. It is a tradition in our church for the father to give a special blessing to a new baby during the Sunday service. LOTS of family were able to attend and it was so cool to have so many people there who love and support us. It really was pretty crazy how many people we had there. I guess that's what happens when we are both from big families haha.. (we even had to give the bishop a heads up because we knew our families alone would almost double to congregation size LOL).

Anyways, Sam gave her such a special and beautiful blessing. It was so unique and seemed to be especially for her. I will never forget some of the things that were said during his prayer. Afterwards, most of us headed over to Sam's mom's house for an AWESOME luncheon of roast and mashed potatoes. It was delicious!! Thanks so much to all who helped out with that! and especially to Sam's mom who did most of the cooking and who was such a wonderful host to all those people! It was a little bit of a mad house with how many people (and kids!) were there but it was super fun to see and visit with everyone. I wish I would've snapped a few pictures at the luncheon but such is life. Here are a few from right after the church service and some we were able to get of Ivy in her pretty dress. :) (special thanks to Steve for taking pics at the church and to my sister Kristin who was able to take some great photos of Ivy for us)

 Cutest little girl in the entire world:





can't get enough of this face. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

such a beautiful girl!! You will cherish those memories forever. Hope you wrote down a couple of things he said in the blessing!

mema said...

Great pictures of both families and of Ivy!
She is a beautiful baby, Kathryn & Sam! Love all the photos and love love love this special baby :)
love, MOM

Sarah said...

You were not kidding when you said that all the people that would come would double the congregation!!!! I think that is the most people I have EVER seen at a baby blessing....we do live in Ohio...so I guess that is not saying much??? Ivy is so cute!! I love her look and she has such dark beautiful eyes!!