So I had never been a fan of coconut. in my entire life. UNTIL a couple years ago when I was working for BYU catering and they had these AMAZING coconut cookies that were to die for. I still can not figure out what made me like em so much when I have never liked coconut in my life. but ever since then, coconut has been growing on me. especially in the form of these cookies haha. anyways, I was looking for some random recipe in one of my cookbooks tonight and came across a recipe for these delicious gems!! I was soo excited! I was even more excited that I already had coconut in my pantry and that the recipe was sooo so simple. I made them and they turned out awesome! they arent quite as good as the ones in catering but they are pretty dang close and pretty dang good!! So I decided I should share it with everyone! Here is the recipe:Coconut Macaroons:
1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
1/3 cup
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp. salt
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in egg whites and vanilla; mix well. drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
2. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yields: about 1-1/2 dozen.
I have also had some that are chocolate dipped on half of the cookie which is also pretty amazing. I will be trying that very soon. anyways, hope yall enjoy!
3 comments:
Those do look very yummy!! I only like coconut in certain baked items. I will have to try these one day. I like the one that is dipped in chocolate!!
Kat-
Those things were my absolute favorite from catering! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I will for sure be making them soon!
Post a Comment