This brown-eyed cutie is a riot these days. She has a pretty articulate vocabulary that keeps increasing by the day! Sometimes she says things that I have no idea where she could've picked them up from. And she is most definitely speaking in elaborate sentences as well, some of which, just kill me.
Me:"Ivy, why don't you get some carrots out for a snack."
Ivy:"Welllllll.... howww about a popsicle instead." Lol.
-She loves her Little People (still), Minnie Mouse dress up dolls, puzzles, play doh, all things princess (dress ups, figurines, etc), painting, coloring, stickers, and making necklaces with pony/animal beads.
-Loves to help mommy make cookies or anything that requires mixing in the bowl. :)
-Loves helping mommy "clean," especially sweeping. Has her own broom to help me.
-Loves all things girly: skirts, dresses, jewelry, bows, painted nails, changing her clothes often throughout the day (usually wears what she wants until we have to leave the house).
-Loves to sing more than dance (not much coordination, there, haha) and is also fascinated in all things instrumental. Can name the violin, trumpet, guitar, and more.
-Loves classical music, especially when Sam plays it on the piano.
-Most recently has caught the "Frozen" bug and asks to listen to the music just about every day.
-She can almost count to twenty by herself (kind of) and knows the alphabet song, but not really any letters yet. Doesn't seem interested in learning to identify them yet. She is still in such a fun, silly, playful stage that I don't feel like pushing anything.
She is potty trained (except for at night) and is successfully sleeping great in her big girl bed. She (still) eats like a bird and I'm lucky if I can get her to sit still for an entire meal, lol. Very rarely takes naps but always has quiet time in her room each afternoon. She does best with an early bedtime, even though that means early wake time (around 6:30/7 ish) but it doesn't bother us. We'd rather have our evenings.
These next few pics were taken on her actual birthday. Wanted to get some better ones outside but it was a cold rainy day. I have yet to take her out for an actual photo shoot. Someday soon! (Sorry some of the pics are a little out of focus, but she just looked so cute in them!)
I've said this since she was a baby but it still rings true to this day... I'm pretty sure she has her father's sense of humor. She is witty and cracks jokes and loves to rough house and tease. She will sit and do silly things to annoy me and get reactions out of me allllll day long. Such a tease. Also loves making little jokes up.. The other day, I caught her singing "Pickle.... Pickle.... to walk in the light," then would start giggling afterwards. It was hilarious.
She loves all things outdoors and will play at the park for hours on a good day. She loves running errands with mom, and basically does better when we are out and about at least for a small part of the day. Every week she somehow seems to learn a new song or play a new game. This week it is Duck, Duck, Goose. She sits and plays with her princess figurines now. hehe..
She is the best big sister any little brother could ask for and I know they are going to be great friends. When he was younger and upset, she would come to me and say "Mom! Brother! He's crying! Take care of him!" But now she just imitates me and says things like "it's okay buddy. We'll be home soon. Mom, he's just hungry." Ha! They are just starting to interact more lately, as Marshall becomes more mobile and aware of Ivy. The other day she was making him laugh in the car so loud, it was the cutest thing.
Just some snapshots of this crazy chick.... I love the last pic, she asks for braids almost every day lately.










1 comment:
These photos of Ivy are SO CUTE! I love all her different expressions.
I also enjoyed reading "all about Ivy!" She makes me laugh! We love her so much! Hugs from Mema and Grandpa!
Post a Comment