Saturday, May 10, 2014

DCOM Gala 2014

Sam's med school hosts a Gala ever spring semester for the students and faculty and we decided to make it a date! Some VERY dear friends of ours, John and Amanda, offered to watch BOTH our kids for us until the late hours so we could have an evening to enjoy ourselves. John was a 4th year (now graduated! Woo!) and they decided not to go this year. So I pumped some bottles a few days in advanced for Marshall and told Ivy ahead of time that she would be going over to play with their daughter for the night. Ivy was excited to see their daughter but after she realized I was getting dressed up, I think she was even more excited that mommy and daddy were going to a "ball!" So we dropped them off early, then headed down to Knoxville for a night of dinner, dancing, and some (fake) gambling. It was nice to finally meet a lot of his professors and friends face to face too! The event was super fun but I think the best part about the evening was getting dressed up with my hunk of a husband and being together the entire night without a single interruption! It was amazing! 
 Amanda was awesome enough to snap a few pics of us before we left.. So grateful she did! They turned out pretty great, I think:
(...and as long as I got my suit n' tie...)
 I know it's a little blurry but this is the best view of what my hair looked like.. the other side was similar. I think I did a pretty good job on my own, thanks to pinterest, hehe:
Love you babe! I had such a great time sitting down to a nice dinner together, dancing, and playing "craps" for most of the night, hehe.. And another BIG THANK YOU to John and Amanda for taking such great care of our kids! Y'all rock and we will miss you LOTS when you move this coming week! 

No comments: