My happy boy is 5 months now! Not a whole lot has changed since the last time I posted, except he is finally doing MUCH better at night.. Before, he was waking up twice still, and that was after a late dream feed. He used to go almost 6 hrs when he was younger and I just couldn't figure out why things were getting.. Then while talking with my girlfriends, whose younger babies were sleeping longer than him, I decided to just drop the dream feed (he was plenty old enough to go without it, I just needed a little push to make the decision, haha) and put him to bed around 7pm every night. The first couple nights he still woke up around midnight but I didn't feed him, and he fell back asleep at least for 2-3 more hours after that. Wahoo! Now he still wakes up around 2-3am and usually will go back to sleep for a couple more hrs, but sometimes I just end up feeding him. I know he will stretch that time out eventually but it feels SO wonderful to finally have my evenings to myself again, and feel like I can get a good chunk of sleep in too!
He can roll from both sides onto his belly and back again. Although, he seems pretty content on his back or side most of the time. Just lays and wiggles and swings rattles back and forth in his hand. He gets going pretty fast with his arm, it's hilarious. We are still working on sitting up every day, but his reflexes of swinging backwards are still pretty crazy, haha.. doesn't quite have the balance yet. But he looves his jumper. He's gotten pretty good at turning it to play with the different toys..
Here is Marshall with his buddies Maxwell (born in Feb) and Pierce (born in April). These two are just a few months younger than him. It's been pretty fun having babies alongside many of my good friends here. We have been in good company while our husbands are away studying..
This little guy really is such a happy go lucky goofball.. He can't NOT smile when he sees me. It's seriously adorable. And he is such a chatterbox these days. His favorite noise to make is actually a high pitched, loud, squeal that always sends Ivy running down the hallway. It startles her every time and she can't ever figure out whether to be scared or mad, or just laugh about it. Cracks me up.
Marshall loves his big sis SO much. He gets a kick out of watching her dance and jump around the living room and she couldn't be more happy to oblige. She has lately started taking his hand and putting toys in it for him. It's so fun to watch them interact and I know that is just going to get better. I can tell Ivy is just itching for a playmate these days.
(in case you were wondering, Ivy fell and skinned up her knees right before these photos were taken, poor thing. She was tough about it though.)
And finally a cute little video of the dude. He was quite chatty that morning..






1 comment:
Marshall has got to be the happiest baby EVER! After being in your home for 4-5 days, he hardly ever cries and smiles ALL THE TIME!! I love this sweet little boy so much! XOXOXO
Post a Comment