Sunday, May 11, 2014

Babies babies babies!

For the past couple months, I've kind of become somewhat of a photographer for my friends who are all having babies.. There were quite a few of us wives in our social circle who were all pregnant at the same time and it really has been fun going through the whole process alongside these awesome women. 

Anyways, my good friend Leila had taken a few pictures of Marshall at the hospital and again for his blessing day. I just was so grateful that someone was willing to do that for me that I started offering to go take pictures for the next babies that were born (especially because most of us are on a pretty strict budget these days and newborn pics by professionals are pretty expensive). I started with my good friend Diana's baby boy, and spent just about the whole afternoon figuring out how to get the settings and baby positions just right. From then on, I was a little more confident with offering out my services. Each shoot has been so unique and fun in it's own way and has been the perfect excuse to go visit my friends after they have their little one. :) Still a few more to go over the next couple months but here are the ones I've done so far... 

*FYI, some of the colors (and photo quality) look a little funny after uploading to the blog for some reason*

Baby Pierce with his older siblings, Graham and Evelyn. So glad I snapped these few in he beginning:

Baby Aubrey.. This girl has had the most hair out of all the babies, by far! She is just a doll:

Baby Maxwell on his blessing day (he's about 2 months old in these pics. I had snapped a few of him in the hospital the day after he was born). He just looks so adorable in his outfit:

Baby Joshua.. such a sweet little thing. Youngest of six kids! Glad I was able to capture a few with his mama:
Baby Ruby.. She was such a sweetheart through the whole shoot! Just drifted off to sleep and was out for the rest of the time I was there, hehe:

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, Kathryn....you did such a good job!! There really are some really cute pictures you took!! Keep it up!!

Unknown said...

Way to go! Babies are so fun to photograph and you did a really great job! I bet your friends are all very grateful that you used your time and your nice camera to capture some really sweet moments of their newborns :)

Ivy Lu cracks me up. 3 is such a fabulous age. She is growing up way too quickly!