Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring Break part 2 - Alabama

After Gatlinburg, we stopped at home for a day, then headed to Alabama for the weekend. Sam and Neal were running a 50 mile race on Saturday and the Hinson's were blessing their sweet baby Lucy in church that Sunday. Tyson drove up with his kids on Saturday afternoon for the occasion (wish I would've gotten some pics!) and it was so fun to see him for a short time. It was a crazy week/weekend but we had so much fun seeing everyone. 

Date night on Friday before their Saturday race: 
Saturday's race- Lake Martin 50.. Sam and Neal started early in the morning (while raining!), then Kristin and I drove out with all the kids and made it just in time to see them at their halfway mark (about 15 minutes before Neal ran through, then Sam came 10 mins after). The timing honestly couldn't have been more perfect- especially because if we would have missed them, we would have had to wait a couple hours to see them pass through the aid station again. So it was a nice quick visit to lift their spirits and give them a moral boost, then we took all the kids to Chick fil a for lunch right after. They finished up the very muddy race around 10 hours and 10:50.. Way to go guys! Y'all are some serious rockstars!

I didn't get any pictures of Sunday but no worries.. Other than a few meltdowns from Ivy, it was a great day. Haha! Lucy looked soo precious in her blessing gown and Kristin's pork sandwich dinner was soo delicious. Thanks again for having us, guys!

2 comments:

Natasha Golightly said...

Your hubby is a rockstar. I can get in touch with 26.2, but 50?!?!?!? Goodness gracious, that's a lot of training! So cool.

Unknown said...

I am so proud of SAM! What an amazing hubby! Photos are awesome! I especially love the story of You and Kristin going to see the guys race...
priceless.(Also from Sam's point of view on his blog)