I know he is already almost 5 months but just wanted to do a little update with some pics I took a couple weeks ago.. My little munchkin is already over 4 months now! At his checkup he was 14 lbs and 24 inches long. A little over 25th percentile for weight and a little over 10th percentile for height (So they told me).. Might not be big compared to other babies but he feels so big to me! Especially compared to how petite Ivy was at his age..
I can't get over how easy it is to make this kid smile and laugh every single day. His giggles are getting louder and longer, too. It is soo fun! He ends up getting the hiccups almost every time, it cracks me up.
This month, he really has started paying more attention to all of his toys and grabbing at everything in sight! He especially loves soft things, like a lovey or a little stuffed animal. His hands are still his favorite thing to chew/suck on, though. And thus, is usually covered in drool within a few minutes of being awake. ;)
Not really sleeping very long at night yet but we are getting better. Still has a dream feed around 10, then usually will go til about 3-4am.. Most nights he still wakes up around 2ish but only cries for a couple mins every time before going back to sleep. I know we'll get there someday, maybe after we are done with breastfeeding...
He always amazes me with how patient and laid back he is. If there are moments I can't feed him right away, or if he has a dirty diaper, etc, you almost couldn't even tell he was concerned or frustrated about it. He usually just sits there and waits or makes little worried faces or noises, haha! Because I am with him all the time, I can tell pretty easily if he's frustrated at something but most people probably wouldn't think he's upset because he rarely throw fits. The only time he gets super upset is if I wait too long to put him down for a nap. Still likes to be swaddled tight so when he's ready, he lets me know. Doesn't fuss a whole lot after that, though.. Usually asleep within 5 mins of being in his bed. Easiest kid ever!
Marshall really does bring so much joy to our family. Ivy is still such a BIG fan of this kid. She tells everyone that he's her brother, everywhere we go. It's adorable to hear her talk about him. And Sam can't get enough of his buddy. Good thing too, because Marshall thinks the world of his daddy. His face just lights up every time he sees him! We just love our happy boy to pieces!!






2 comments:
I LOVE these photos of Ivy and Marshall! They are growing and changing every week! Hugs and kisses from Mema and Grandpa! See you soon!
Love his smile!! Jealous of your laid back child. Never had one!! Enjoy it while you can:)
Post a Comment