Friday, September 7, 2012

The house! Finally!

Ok, I know my decorations for my home are a little blah. Just give me a few months and a few tutorials from pinterest, I'll try to add some more fun stuff here and there. At least the house had personality even before we moved our furniture in! It is the perfect size for us! We love everything about it, especially the view from both our front and back yards. Anyways, here we go!

Front entry way, hallway on the left goes to the bedrooms, to the right is the living room and kitchen:
 View of the entry way/hallway:
 Living room, complete with built in cabinets, perfect for ivy's toys!
View of the living room from our office (dining room turned office):

Office/piano room:
I love these built in divider things. I think they add a lot to the room. And it's nice for when Sam has to study. He's separated from the living room, but can still see what's going on:
Kitchen, blue counters, 70's stove. It's pretty old but works perfectly! oh and we have a dishwasher that plugs into the faucet, haha.. kinda funky but I'd rather have that than no dishwasher at all:
We actually have two bathrooms but the other one wasn't particularly photo worthy at the time. It's connected to our room and super tiny. This is actually the "guest" bathroom but is literally twice the size of our bathroom. BUT this larger bathroom doesn't have a single outlet in it. So we usually shower in this one because it's nicer but I have to do my hair in the other one, haha. Quirky but it works. Adds character  right? Oh and don't you love the fluorescent seashells? I'm kind of a fan, hehe:
Guest Bedroom. I'm so happy we actually have one! complete with an old cedar(?) chest and vintage wardrobe:

Extra family room? Not sure what it will be. Our kitchen table is sort of non-existent at the moment so maybe once we get a decent one it will go in here? Or maybe a fooseball table? Some day it will be something other than, the extra room that Ivy likes to run around in, hehe. (please pay no attention to the curtains, they were there when we got there and we tied up the long ones so Ivy wouldn't play with them.) :
The Studio.. It's just an extra room attached to our place that we are using for storage.. It actually has quite a bit of furniture from the lady who used to live here. And most of those paintings were actually done by her too. It's a cool room:
Our driveway and big front yard:

 Backyard:

Love this view:
I know I left out a couple rooms, mainly ours and Ivy's but there wasn't anything too special about them.. It's the same furniture from our other places and arranged in almost the same way haha.. Maybe once I figure out the curtain situation in Ivy's room I'll take pictures... 

4 comments:

A. B. said...

It's way cute. Is it a very old house? The place we live in was built in 1927. I have officially decided that I am not ever going to buy a house built before 1980... I love this house but I have sure learned a lot from living in a very old place!

Kristin said...

I thought I already commented on this, sorry! I LOVE your house! Love it! So adorable and the view is spectacular! I love your vintage chandelier! Can't wait to come and see you sometime and take pictures with all those perfect scenes! Miss you!

Marie said...

Ur backyard & frontyard is beautiful!

The Theobalds said...

How did I miss this post? So cute! I'm glad y'all fit in there well.