Yeah, I wouldn't even call it a hike. More like a short walk on an incline haha.. We decided to go check out a trail in the Cumberland Gap National Park but we didn't have a hiking backpack for little miss yet so we couldn't go very far. We decided to make it more an activity than a hike. Sam printed out some tree identifying information and we had lots of fun trying to find and identify the many different trees. We took pictures of each tree and their leaves but I won't bore you on which was a sycamore or a virginia pine or a sweet gum. haha.. Instead, you get lots of cute pictures of the babe and her many different faces. She loves being outside. Her favorite part of the hike was all the rocks on the ground. Pretty sure she is holding at least one in every photo...
Cool map at the start of the trail.. One of these days, we will hike up to the tri-state point. I've never been to 4 corners out west but this would be almost as cool, I think:
Yeah, she's cute:
Oh and I do have to note, this was her first time wearing real jeans (instead of stretchy pants) and tennis shoes (instead of her jellies). It was hilarious watching her try to walk. She caught on pretty quick though..
Post of our longer hike coming soon....


3 comments:
Ivy is adorable in jeans and tennis shoes just enjoying the hike with mom and dad! Maybe she wants to start her rock collection sooner than you did :)
Oh my goodness! She's getting so big Kathrine! I can hardly even believe it. It's been a while since I've checked blogs, and it's been fun catching up on you guys!! LOVE YOU!
I love seeing her little personality! Such a cutie.
Post a Comment