Just wanted to write a little update on what we've been up to this past month.. not much has been going on. Sam is studying away and doing great! I have to document that he actually made a 100 on part his anatomy test a week ago (90 on the other part)!! and a 108 on another test (undergrad test in his program). His hard work is surely paying off. Way to go babe! Keep it up! Anywho, We have met some wonderful friends here and luckily, all our kids get along which is a bonus when we get together.. Sam's study group is known as the Baby Daddy group because they all have kids, lol..
A few weeks ago, me and a couple of the other wives met at Cumberland Gap town which is the smallest town I've ever been to, even smaller than our tiny Harrogate. It's located in between the mountains in the actual Cumberland Gap. Pretty sure we were able to walk to whole town in a matter of minutes. A cute ice cream parlor and a couple antique shops were the perfect excuse to visit...
In the right pic, Ivy with her new friends:
Anyways, just wanted to include some photos of Ivy I've taken over the past few weeks.. She is hilarious these days. Crack's me up every day with her big personality. Can't believe how much she has changed, just since we've been here!
A while back, my friend Diana (wife to a fellow post-bac student with Sam who just also happen to go to our church) invited me and Ivy to go with her and her two kids to a children's museum near Knoxville. Her daughter Evelyn is 3 years old and son Graham is just 2 months older than Ivy. They play really well together, which works out perfect so Diana and I can do a swap twice a week.. I teach voice lessons one day and she works from home with a marketing company one day. It's a great system we have:Library day is every Thursday. They have the cutest toddler time I've ever been to. Ivy is a big fan:
Pink toes! Finally figured out the trick. Do it while she eats lunch (so she's distracted) and then tell her not to touch, but to blow on them, haha. I keep her in her seat til they dry:
Labor Day festival at the city park.. apparently it's a big deal around here. They even had an awesome fireworks show that we could see perfectly from our house that evening. It was awesome. I love that we live on a hill:
Yep, we are in the South.....
Diana and I made jam one Saturday morning while our husbands were studying.. Peach and strawberry. Yum! It was so fun! Some day we will branch out a little and do more canning.. I'm still kinda scared of it, though, lol..
Pigtails! When did she grow up??
Ivy totally marched over to those big kids and just started playing like she was one of them. The girl is not shy at all:
She's getting too smart.....
She has been on a serious monkey kick lately. She saw this box on the shelf and kept pointing at it because of the monkey. She loves saying "ah ah ah" if you ask her what a monkey says. It's cute.
Pretty shirt that Grandma Trish and Grandpa sent from their trip to Greece. So cute!
Moorrre teething. The left pic was definitely a late morning of jammies and movies bc she was so darn cranky.. OH and notice the apple? It's her favorite thing lately. One day when the fridge was open, she found one in the drawer and I let her eat it. She practically ate the whole thing! core and all! Now she always goes to the fridge and asks for an "appee." She will hold on to it practically all day long and just nibble on it. (yes she loves oreos too, hehe):
Another favorite lately is bath time. this girl LOVES water. I mean, loooves it. She would stay in there for an hour if I let her (which I may or may not have done before, hehe).. For a couple weeks, she was begging for a bath every single day. She pushes the door open to the bathroom and would stand at the bathtub yelling "BAAA," hahaa:
Here are the two peas in a pod.. This was a morning that we had Graham and Evelyn over to play.. No I did not stage these pics, they were over there for a couple mins before I even noticed them.. So funny, these two... They share so many similar interests.. like yo gabba gabba and goldfish and nilla wafers.. Friends for sure:
A few other Ivy tidbits lately:
-She loves books and puzzles
-Yo gabba gabba is currently her favorite show, although Micky Mouse clubhouse is close behind
-loves the popcorn popping song
-loves to find her belly button, ears, and teeth, still a little fuzzy on the rest, lol
-is talking quite a bit more, tries to say (though not very clear) thank you, all done, binky, night night, bath, hello, yummy
-words that are pretty clear- hi, bye bye, go, nana, baby, daddy, mam (not mama, just mom, sounds like mam, haha)



















5 comments:
yay! loved the update. glad you guys are doing so well and adjusting. grad school is rough, but having wife friends with kids helps tremendously. :). I love how similar Ivy and Taycie are! Taycie LOVES Mickey Mouse clubhouse, apples, puzzles, and baths too (etc. etc.)! I think that I'm going to have to try your toe painting trick! I've been wanting to paint hers so bad, but haven't been able to get her to hold still!
Oh! I miss you! But I'm so glad you all are doing so well!
This update is awesome! I have been missing Ivy so much. She is growing up and changing. What a cutie pie :)
Hugs and Kisses from Mema and Grandpa!!
Love the update! Ivy is growing up!! Hey, isn't she getting close to going to nursery?? I bet she LOVES it. Church is going to be AWESOME when that happens:) Oh, and your house is really cute.
Glad you are having so much fun with the student wives. I love her toes.
Post a Comment