Tuesday, November 8, 2011

There's no place like home.

Sam and I aren't your typical dressing-up sort of people when it comes to Halloween. That's why it's so much more fun now that we have a baby to dress up instead! hehe.. Ivy was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and it was sort of destined to happen, I think. She got the dress as a gift during the summer but it was a bit big until just the past couple months (Ivy has always been a little petite). From the moment I saw the dress, it was all I could think about, that it was such a perfect Dorothy dress. So for Halloween, I decided if I could find some decent priced shoes to match, that she would be Dorothy. Then, low and behold, for $3 at a shop here called Kid to Kid, I found some gently used red velvet shoes that would be so easy to paint with red glitter glue. It was awesome how everything just fell right into place. and she was the cutest Dorothy in the world. But I guess I am a little biased. ;)
(btw, did you spot "Toto" in the first pic at the top? lol! I would have taken some with him but he was a little too hyper right then)
Sorry it's sort of a picture overload, I just couldn't leave any out because she looked so gosh darn cute in her costume! hehe.. Anywho, since Ivy is a bit young for trick-or-treating, my neighbor Katie and I decided to take our baby girls out to the park in their costumes (we have to go somehwhere, right?) This was Ivy's first time on the swing and she was LOVING it. The picture you see is of her smiling so big that it almost looks like she is crying haha! Katie's little girl Emmalyn was a ladybug. She was so cute! After the swings we let the girls play in the leaves a little. Emmalyn just loved the leaves but Ivy wasn't a big fan, lol.. No worries though, at least we got a few cute pictures..

2 comments:

Katie said...

She is SOOOOO cute!! Bravo on her costume, gotta love it when things come together like that!

Emily White said...

luv your updated family pic :) you guys are awesome!