Monday, November 7, 2011

Mom's visit

Last week my mom came out to visit for a few days and it was so nice to have her in town. I'm know Ivy appreciated having a different play buddy around than just boring ol' mom or dad, too. ;) She just loved her Mema and had so much fun with her every day. She even loved her enough to eat rice cereal for her! successfully! lol. All she needed was one little lesson from Mema on how to swallow it and now she is a pro! Thanks mom! hehe.. We were also able to visit some close family and friends while my mom was here, which was nice..

Ivy sitting with with Aunt Susan at lunch.. 
While my mom was here Sam and I were able to go out on an actual date. alone. for the first time ever. I'm not sure why we've never done it before. I think it's just a combination of not wanting to find a babysitter and Ivy still being pretty well behaved where ever we do take her with us (which is starting to change I think, lol). In either case, I do think this event was long overdue and we were so grateful to be able to have a night to ourselves. I didn't even have any feelings of anxiety while being away from Ivy, maybe it's just because she is a little older now. We went out to eat and then to Color Me Mine (pottery place). We were thinking of going to a late dollar movie afterwards but we ended up staying there allllll evening (mainly so Sam could finish his mural, hehe). It was so fun! We painted mugs so we have something to drink our hot chocolate in this coming winter. It was also nice to hear that Ivy did just fine with my mom so maybe we will have to do this more often in the future. Thanks mom! 

Halloween pictures coming soon!

5 comments:

a. dancepants said...

1. your child is beautiful.
2. I didn't realize Sam was such an artist!

Allison said...

wow! yalls mugs are niiice!!

Unknown said...

I don't know where I've been, but I just caught up on a lot of posts from you guys! I know how you feel about getting a night alone... isn't it funny that we used to be alone with our husbands all the time?? And we NEVER appreciated how good we had it! haha. Very cute mugs. What a fun date idea. I love the little videos of Ivy. What a doll. Way to go on hiking the Y btw... that is not an easy thing to do! But you look great, so no one would ever know how "out of shape" you supposedly are ;)

Katie said...

Hey, that's a great date idea!! Might have to steal it for myself : )

Anonymous said...

I had a great time with you guys for a week. Ivy is such a sweet baby and catches on quick to so many things. (Like eating cereal and almost crawling :) Thanks for a fun week with beautiful Ivy Lu!
And I love all your new family pics!