Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Y hike

Last weekend Sam's brothers came down to Provo to hike the Y. I was originally just gonna let Sam hike it while I stayed home to watch Ivy but I thought, what the hey.. I'll give it a try. And although I wanted to quit after the about the 3rd or 4th switchback, I pushed through and made it all the way to the Y. This was quite a feat given how out of shape I am these days (it actually is a pretty tricky hike because the whole thing is on an incline). I'm glad I did it though. It showed me that I can do more than I think... Sam was also super patient, which I appreciated. I'm sure he could've been the first one up there if he wasn't been with me. But he stayed with me and kept telling me I could do it, which was very helpful. And of course it was fun to have Baby girl with us, smiling at me every time I turned to look at her....
Thank you self-timer, lol.. the rest of the family had gone to the top of the Y so we were pretty much on our own when we got there (hey, the bottom of the Y still counts tho!):
...and as to be expected, Ivy passed out on the way down, haha. She had started getting fussy so Sam turned her around and a little while later, she was out, lol:

No comments: