Thursday, July 21, 2011

Finally!! Checking Harry Potter off the list!


I just have to post about this because I feel so accomplished! Last week I finished the last book in the Harry Potter series. I had never read them before and had set a goal for myself last fall to finally get around to reading them. I finally did finish every single one! For some reason it took me a little longer than 7 books would normally take me to finish. I think that mainly had to do with the fact that in the last couple months of pregnancy my attention span was non-existant (something to do with hormones maybe). and during the first few weeks of baby, my time/energy was pretty non-existant. haha!

I finished just in time for the last movie to come out and we did find time to go see it last week. We just took Ivy with us to a matinee and she slept like a champ. I LOVED the movie. Best out of all 8 movies I think. Best graphics, best directing by far.. When discussing the books, the 7th really isn't my favorite because it took me the longest to read and I felt it really dragged at some parts.. I think for my favorite, it's a toss up between the 5th and 6th books. I loved how fun and intriguing the 5th one was but I loved how dark and involved the 6th one was. Anyways, SO glad I'm finally done. I feel so free, haha.. mostly just because I promised myself I couldn't start a different book until I was done with the whole set. It was worth it. If you haven't read them yet, they are a must. Truly. I think there is something there for every type of reader to enjoy.

NOW.... onto other readings. I have a few on my list already that I am SO excited about. First up is The Help. Anyone have must-reads you would recommend that you've read lately?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats!! I'm pretty sure I have gone back and read all of the Harry Potters at least once if not several times each, haha. Now that you're a mom and your time isn't really your own, I recommend listening to books rather than sitting down to read them. It just makes things a bit easier so you can do dishes and laundry and cook and nurse without going completely insane :), and you won't feel bad about sitting down to read when there are so many other things to do. We have an account on Audible.com so we can download and listen to pretty much any book in the library on our ipods. I have listened to many a book in the past year, and I absolutely love it. I'm listening to the Wheel of Time series right now, but if you thought Harry Potter was slow, you might not enjoy it much. I loved The Help, though!! I'll let you know if I hear of any other good books!

A. B. said...

Have you read any of the Hunger Games books yet? I can't put them down. And I LOVED The Help. It was awesome. They're making that into a movie too. I also really liked the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series (5 books). And have you read Fablehaven (also 5 books). They were pretty good too. I am proud of you for finishing Harry Potter and I agree, movie 8 was amazing but book 7 is not my favorite book either. I can never get enough of book 4. I think I have read it 3 times and listened to it at least that many times!