Sunday, March 20, 2016

Rooster Rob Run

With my half marathon being pretty close, and knowing I'd have to do some hills, Leisa and I decided to train on a longer, 9.5 mile run, from her house down to this little breakfast joint in the country hills a couple weeks ago. We ran south, but the roads were at a gradual incline so it ended up being a pretty tough run! Not to mention, we missed one little turn and got off the route for about a half mile. Ha! So we ended up doing 10.5 miles! Yeesh! I've never ran that far in all of my life! Our husbands met us at the breakfast place and we definitely got our calories worth in French bread French toast! It was pretty worth it. For the food AND the views! Love these back country roads! The hills, not so much. lol. But all in all, such a fun morning!!! Big thanks to Leisa for whoopin' my butt into shape! Literally!
 Selfie with the cows. So. many. cows:
 If you look close, you can see the Smoky's in the distance! Faint because of the clouds, but there! This was the prettiest/best part of the run! Downhill FINALLY:
 Aaaand breakfast with the crazies, I mean, children. and SO happy to be done!
With my carb-heavy meal afterwards! And the run on the gps- don't mind how slow we went, I'm still learning how to push my heart! haha! BUT, look at that crazy incline! 

No comments: