A few weeks ago in October, Ivy's pre-school class went to Fender's Farm pumpkin patch about 30 minutes south of us. Marshall and I got to tag along to help out the teachers while we were there. So glad we got a chance to go with her school because I was looking at the prices of this place on the weekends and it was NOT a cheap place! It was fun to be there with them and do all the little extra things they do for school classes who come to visit. We saw a pig race, picked a gourd, small pumpkin, AND dried corn husk. They also got to decorate their pumpkin with stickers and play on the playground after their lunch! When the class left to go back to the school, I just kept Ivy with me and let my kids play at the playground a while longer before heading home. It was a great day!
Later on we put the dried corn in a paper bag (smothered in butter) and popped it in the microwave! Popcorn! it was interesting how it was a little different than regular popcorn but still delicious:
No comments:
Post a Comment