Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Marshall at 7 months

This kid seriously has my heart. I honestly just turn to mush when I see his smiling face every single day. He has the sweetest temperament and funnest little personality. It has been such a fun month watching him grow. He now weighs just over 18 lbs, 26.5 inches long (according to the doc last week).
He officially turned 7 months almost 2 weeks ago and was just figuring out how to sit up. Now, he sits up well on his own and has even started going from sitting position to crawling position! Ahh! can't quite get the coordination of crawling quite yet but he is SO close. Rocking and rolling and army crawling all over the place.
I love the little games he plays with me.... I'll come sit on the floor, focusing on something else and he will roll on over to right next to me and just look at me and make little noises until I look right at him.. Then he will wiggle and squeal and get so excited, even to just have me smile at him! It is the best feeling.

Marshall said his first "word" a few weeks ago.. he knows how to say dadada but it's pretty rare to hear him say it. (I was lucky enough to get a video of it though, posted at the bottom) Not many other syllables but he is a chatter box with squeals and sighs and laughs. Definitely all boy though as most of his noises involve some sort of growl or grunt! I just watched a video of Ivy at this age and she made the most petite girly noises, lol.
A week or two before he turned 7 months, he FINALLY started sleeping pretty consistently through the night (7pm-7am ish) Whew! We are all sooo happy about that. Still wakes up every now and again, for his binky or because of gas, or who knows what, but usually goes right back to sleep after a couple mins. Still takes two naps a day for the most part.

No teeth yet but he recently had a little ear infection. Was clingy and cranky for a few days (within his own realms of crankiness, which actually isn't terrible, lol) but wouldn't eat or nap very well and I could tell he wasn't feeling well. But not a single sign of a tooth! And the pulling on his ear thing was a big tip off.. I took him to the doctor before it got bad. The doctor said it was definitely abnormal and was on it's way to being an infection so we got antibiotics. A couple days later, he was feeling back to his normal smiley self.
Interactions between Ivy and Marshall get funnier by the day! I love how Ivy gets annoyed by him but also has such a cute concern for him at the same time. Every day I hear, "Marshall! No! Don't come over here!" and it cracks me up, especially with Marshall just grinning up at her. Little does she know he will be doing much more than just rolling in her direction soon. I keep trying to tell her he is growing up but not sure she gets it yet. But I also hear her talking or playfully growling at him to make him laugh and then she'll run up to me telling me that he's so happy. Haha!


"I like your toes, Marshall"

Can't get enough of this sweet face!
Marshall just before 7 months and Ivy just over 7 months. Guess you could say the look pretty similar! Marshall is actually quite a big bigger though, Ivy was just a tiny little thing. 
Marshall talking:

Marshall rocking:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marshall is so adorable I am dying to come over and play with him again! What a cutie! I love all these photos and your cute narrative of his progress. Ivy is a darling big sister! When Marshall rocks on his hands and knees, he reminds me of my brother, Craig! He did that also. Hugs from Mema!!