Friday, January 17, 2014

Library Day with Santa and Goodbye to Mema

Back in December, just a couple weeks after Marshall was born, our local library had their annual "Breakfast with Santa" day for the kids. Ivy had been needing some one on on mommy time so I decided to pump a bottle and leave baby home with Mema (Sam was studying for finals) and take my girl. It was so much fun! We are so lucky to have amazing librarians who really care for the kids in this area. Miss Cindy read some stories while the kids ate their breakfast, then they had a few coloring/sticker activities, and afterwards, they had a little area that the kids could go talk to Santa. Ivy wasn't quite sure about sitting on his lap, but she was excited to get the bag of goodies that his penguin helpers were giving out. Hehe. Then a few days later, we received a letter in the mail from Santa, himself! (the library sent them out) Thought it was super cute.


Just a few days later, we said goodbye to Mema and drove her down to the Knoxville airport. We are forever grateful for everything she did for us while she was here!! It really was soo helpful to have her help, especially during those last few days when Sam was studying his heart out for finals. We were sad to see her go but decided that since all had been going well with Baby and my healing, we would drive down to Houston later that week to celebrate Christmas in Texas! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you took Ivy to Library day with Santa! She did need one on one time with mommy! Love these cute photos of that day and happy that you live where they have a fun toddler library time!
I MISS IVY AND MARSHALL! I was happy to come and help and I loved my time with all of you!