We got home from the hospital on Thursday afternoon (Dec. 5th) and welcomed my sisters who came into town for baby boy's arrival. It really was so fun having them here and although I was a little loopy at times, and hormonal at other times, I really appreciated the company. I think it made those first few painful days much easier. Ivy was a bit overwhelmed for the first day or so, just with so many changes happening and the fact that I couldn't help her as much as she was used to, but she seemed to adjust fairly quickly.
Marshall is as sweet, cuddly, and laid back as a baby could be and he is a great nurser, so far. He still sleeps pretty much all the time and cries hardly at all. I'm really thinking (hoping) that this is just his personality. I don't even have to really rock him to sleep when he's tired. After eating and a few minutes of wake time, he fusses a little so I wrap him up and he just drifts off. Still figuring out the nights but I know that will take a little time. And he at least gives me one 4-5 hour stretch every night(sometimes two).
A big thank you to my dear sisters, Kristin and Kelli, for making the trip out here to visit us! Even though it was just for a few days, I loooved having them here (and yes, we missed you Kari!). Also, an even bigger thank you to my mom who has helped out a TON since she's been here. It has made the adjustment to normal life much easier with her help, especially with Ivy, and ESPECIALLY while Sam has been away studying this past week for his finals. Only one more test and we get daddy all to ourselves for three whole weeks! Can't wait!
Ivy loved having her Aunts in town. Especially Aunt Kelli who would play "popcorn" for her whenever she wanted, hehe:
Eyes open!
So far, Ivy hasn't show very much attention to Marshall unless I say something specific about him. But I'd rather no attention compared to negative attention so we are on the right track! haha... I hope there will be many more moments like this in the future, though:
And in other news, the day we came home from the hospital, Sam had his championship intramural flag football game and they won! Undefeated through the whole season! Woo! Way to go Monstars. Ya'll rock! These boys crack me up:








2 comments:
I enjoyed reading both posts on baby Marshall. He really is a cute little boy. Maybe YOU are going to be the lucky one and have a kid with Eric's temperment...I didn't.
I love this baby. I miss all the fun I had with Ivy! I still wake up at 6am, like I did when you would bring Marshall to me to snuggle in the mornings.
Love and hugs from Mom!
Post a Comment