This Valentine's was pretty low-key but still very fun. Ivy and I loved getting into the festive mood by making decorations, heart valentine's, and baking up a storm the whole week leading up to the actual day. Then we enjoyed Valentine's together by going to the library and afterwards having lunch with daddy. Later that evening, we just stayed in for the night and watched some movies together. It was perfect. :)
Thank you pinterest for helping us decorate for Valentine's day in the easiest and cheapest way possible. Made some cute paper heart chains..
I've seen this yummy recipe from ourbestbites.com (recipe) for a few years now and I finally decided this was the year I'd try em out! They were soo yummy... sugar cookies, strawberry jam, cream cheese, and chocolate drizzle? Can't go wrong. I made them for my students, neighbor, and a few friends:Ivy and I went to a fun Valentine's day party at our local library's toddler time.. They always have such fun stuff planned and Valentine's did not disappoint. Sticker crafts (perfect for this girl!) and lots of yummy treats and Valentine's from friends... One of the moms had the genius idea to make cake pops instead of cupcakes. Ivy was a big fan:
Who knew all this girl needed to make her day special was a sucker and a $1 balloon from her daddy?? She thought that balloon was the greatest thing in the entire world:
Our gifts to each other... Sam got me my favorite-- all red roses, and I made him a fun little coupon book ;)
We celebrated later with a delicious steak dinner and finished off the evening with this awesomeness, also courtesy of ourbestbites.com (recipe):
Hope everyone had a great holiday! I loved spending the day with both my loves! I feel like it just get's more fun every year as Ivy gets older...










1 comment:
Wish I could eat Chocolate! That cake looks yummy! Love the cookies too. Ivy is lucky to have such a creative Mommy!! (you are keeping Sam happy too:)
Post a Comment