I don't have any big projects in the works lately so I've just been satisfying my creative apetite with smaller feats. First off, I found this wreath on pinterest and knew right away I wanted to make one but with my own twist.. I LOVE the colors. And the flowers are peonies. They are beautiful in person...
This next project took me a day to complete... I've had these mint capris pants sitting in my drawer for a few years. I've had them for much longer than that, probably since 2006? They were my favorite pants once upon a time when gauchos (sp?) and flare/wide leg capris were popular. Then I got pregnant, had a baby, then skinny pants were in style.. hmm. Thus, they've been a long lost friend in the back of my drawer for sometime now. I came across my friend Merrick's post on refashioning old pants into trendier ones a while back and only recently reminded of it when I ran into my old capris friends when dejunking (spring cleaning much?) our room the other day. So I figured, what the hey! But boy was I scared. I'd never cut up any of my old clothes before. It took me three days just to get up the nerve to do it (probably just because they were such favs and I didn't want to screw it up, haha).. Anyways... I'm so glad I did it! I love how they turned out. Not perfect by any means! But waay better than they were! Now I have cute summer capris! And I didn't have to spend a dime! Yeah!Left pic is halfway done, comparing sides.. Right pic is right after I finished..
I already packed up all my winter stuff in hopes that Mother Nature would take the hint.. No such luck. In fact, I think my spring cleaning had the opposite affect. Someday my friends, you will be worn outside my own house. Someday...



3 comments:
Good Job!!! Your pants look fabulous! what a little seemstress!
Awesome job!! Very impressed!!
Way to go Kathryn! I guess you are taking after Grandma Great! Some of her best work was remaking clothing! She would be proud of you. I am!
You look awesome :)
Post a Comment