Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Feelin' Crafty

These past few months have been pretty fun with my neighbor Katie. It all started when we figured out we both like getting together making bows and flowers for our baby girls. Then we decided to make cute little Thanksgiving onesies (pictured here). We would go in together to split the cost of ribbon, fabric, etc. to keep things pretty cheap. Anyways, we tend to just share whatever stuff we have on hand and it has really seemed to work out whenever we feel like getting crafty, hehe. 

I was excited when she had some of this leftover snowman fabric from a blanket she had made. I decided to go  buy a small section of hot pink fabric from Hobby Lobby (our favorite store) and made Ivy a little car blanket to take on her lap when we go places. I thought it turned out pretty darn cute! 
So I had some pink fabric leftover from that blanket. I also had some brown minky fabric and ribbon leftover from our craft back in November so I decided to get creative and make a little taggy lovey (mini blanket) for Ivy (there was enough fabric for Katie to make a little one for her baby too, which was fun). I just cut everything out, hot glued the ribbons in place and had my friend Christa help me sew the edges later on that night. Ok lets be honest. She sewed the whole thing haha! Doing little projects like this make me wish I had a sewing machine of my own. Can't say Ivy absolutely loves it but she has never been one to get attached to blankies or anything. Oh well. She still plays with it from time to time. :)
Ivy's binky clip ribbon started getting really gross so I grabbed some extra ribbon I had and stitched it to the clip. I love this size of ribbon so much better than any of the thick stiff ones I've seen in the stores...

And my biggest/most expensive project to date has been these letter boards for Ivy's room. I got the idea from a post on pinterest and modified it to what I preferred. I didn't mind spending a little bit of $ considering I hadn't dont any sort of decorations for Ivy's room and most of my crafts so far had been pretty dirt cheap. Anyways, I just LOVE how it turned out. I know the fabric in the middle looks a little red in the photos but it is a bright watermelon pink and matches the bedding perfectly:

And finally, just a little craft I did for Valentine's day (and surprisingly VERY cheap). This was actually my gift to Sam. Another idea from pinterest and I love it! Sam really likes it too. We've already written some sweet/funny things on there. It's been super fun so far.

4 comments:

Allison said...

LOVE!

Heather Jensen said...

I love it all! You are too cute! I wish I had a buddy to craft with. I still don't know anyone here! Oh well, I can live vicariously through you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oops... that was me :)
So here is my comment:
I LOVE all your crafts Kathryn!
I especially love Ivy's name hanging in her room :) It is adorable!
love, MOM