Monday, August 29, 2011

Back in Utah!

After what seemed like the longest car ride of our lives, we are now back in Provo now for Sam's last year of prerequisite classes. It was a nice summer down in Texas but boy are we glad to be back (never thought I'd say that, hehe).. We left all our furniture and our tv up here so it is definitely nice having our own stuff back. and our apartment is bigger up here (yay for 2 bedrooms!). ANNDD there is NO humidity! Hallelujah! That was our first summer living back in Houston in over 5 years and it was tough. It was nice to be around so much family but I think we forgot how hot and sweaty it can be. Guess we are just much more accustomed to Utah these days (gasp!).

Anyways, a great big thanks goes to my wonderful mom who helped us get packed and my apartment all cleaned. Couldn't have done it without her. And to all my Texas friends and family, thanks for a great summer! It was awesome to be able to spend some time with all of you! I wish we hadn't lived so far north so it would of been easier to see people more often but such is life! I'm grateful for the time we did get to spend together. :) Miss you all! And just because she's cute, here are some fun photos of Ivy from our last few weeks down there..

3 comments:

Jennifer Ricks said...

YAY! I'm so glad you're here! :D

mema said...

I miss Ivy already, she is growing and changing so much! We are happy that you made it safely and are getting settled. Hugs and kisses to adorable Ivy Lu!
Love you, MOM

Shadow said...

She looks so strong! And she is ADOREABLE:)