Thursday, June 16, 2011

1 month! Seriously??

Happy 1 month to our baby girl today! I feel like now that we are getting the hang of things, I don't want her to get any bigger! I remember a couple weeks ago, I felt like time was passing so slowly and I just wanted the first couple months to be done with and now I just feel like I want her to stay little forever! Things are going pretty well with feeding and sleeping. We finally have the nursing thing down pretty well and she usually only wakes up once in the night which is awesome for me! (I count this as a long 4 or 5 hr block followed by another 4 hr block after feeding.. occasionally it's less but she is getting better)  I think the biggest adjustment has been how unpredictable she is. especially for someone who is so used to planning ahead, lol. But no worries! It is just teaching me that I need to just go with the flow a little more and enjoy my time with her. 
We can't get enough of our little bug. Ivy loves to be up looking around during her play/wake time and especially loves when Daddy is home to play with her. She sure is a wiggle worm when on the floor and loves to swat at her little toys on her jungle gym. She has actually been a pretty alert baby since day one which is usually a good thing, but sometimes tricky when I know she's tired/cranky and needs a nap but just wants to keep staring around haha. This little tidbit has also made it impossible for us to get newborn pics while she's asleep (even though I can always catch her asleep with the iphone and my other camera but anytime we actually attempt to take newborn photos, she wakes right up. such a little turkey, lol). She recognizes both Sam and I's voice and I feel like she is starting to recognize when I hold her compared to other people holding her. She still doesn't fit in to many 0-3 month size outfits or dresses that we have for her yet but I know it's only a matter of time. I'm not sure her exact weight but she is finally filling out the size 1 diapers and the newborn size stuff is just about too small for her so I know we are doing somethin' right! hehe. No coos or smiles yet but she is so close! We can't wait... :)

3 comments:

Alainna Beus said...

So fun. I'm glad things sound like they're settling in. I sure miss you. Can't wait to see you in August! Not that far away really!

Heather Jensen said...

She is so precious! I can't wait to meet her and hold her!

mema said...

Love, love love this baby! she is so adorable and lookds a lot like you when you were a baby, Kathryn!
love all of you tons!
love, MOM