I love when birthdays end up lasting 3 days instead of just 1. It just so happened that this was the case this year because I had to share my birthday weekend with both General Conference
and Easter. We were still able to find time to celebrate, although the celebrations were kinda sparatic lol.. My actual birthday was on Saturday, April 3rd but bc Sam had to sing with the men from the BYU choirs at General Priesthood session that night, we decided to go out on Friday night instead. I told Sam I wanted to go to the Happy Sumo (which is provo) bc i had been wanting sushi
forever but when we started driving toward the freeway, i was like uhh, you are going the wrong way babe. he say, nah we are just going to the one in SLC. it got me pretty excited bc i knew he must have had something else planned. after dinner (which was as amazing as i'd hoped it would be!!), we walked around the corner to the Clark Plannetarium. growing up in nasa-town, i felt right at home the moment we walked in the door haha.. we got tickets and went to see this:

It was AWESOME!! I highly recommend going to see it. they showed all sorts of awesome footage of spacewalks the astronauts have had to make to fix the telescope AND some great 3D images of nebulas and galaxies and baby stars and everything in between! plus we got to wear these:

afterwards, we went home, rented a couple movies and Sam made me a homemade pizookie. it was delicious. what a great date, babe! thanks!!

the next morning(my actual birthday) sam and i went shopping for a birthday present. the only thing i could find that i really wanted were these:

so sam decided to ditch me in some store and head off into the mall to find me a real bday gift bc i couldnt decide on anything haha. He came back with this waay cute beach bag and t-shirt and reeeally great smelly lotions n stuff. it smells like sugar and coconut. mmm:

then Sam had to leave with all the men to sing in priesthood so I took off the Emily's house. I got there after they had dyed easter eggs but i thought they were so cute, i had to take a pic. plus i figured this would be the only time i was around anything very festive for the Easter weekend:

At the priesthood session, this is a pic from Joe's phone of the choirs (Sam was able to get tickets for Joe and Steve to go to it)..

After the boys got back to Joe's house, we decided to end the night with some settlers playing:



aaaand finally on Easter Sunday, my good friend Alainna and her husband had us over for homemade pizza and to eat my birthday brownie cheesecake that she had made for me!! everything was sooo yummy! thanks for having us guys!!



I seriously had such great birthday this year! I'm so happy to finally be 23 and had so much fun celebrating it with everyone! thanks family and friends for the cards, gifts, and well wishes!! ya'll are the best!!
7 comments:
how fun that you got the whole weekend to celebrate!
Happy Birthday! What a fun time! I love birthdays too...we celebrate our birthday month over here so it really drags out...I mean, C'mon you only have one b-day a year!! Sounds like you got a great man Kat!
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend of birthday fun! The 3D space movie sounds so awesome! I wonder if it's playing at our planetarium...gotta look in to that. Happy 23rd Birthday!
that looks like it was loads of fun....yay!! send phillip an email with all those awesome ideas and tell him i'll take one of each :)
Happy Birthday Kathryn! So, remember that time you taught me and Kelli how to make enchiladas. Well, I was totally craving them but was sad because I couldn't remember how to make them. Then, I remembered that you had emailed the recipe to me! I totally went back like what? 2-3 years? and it was there! So I made them for me and my family on Sunday. They were delish!
That would be so much fun to hit the green next time you are in town. I'm warning you I'm not any good though!! Looks like you had a terrific birthday. xoxo, Nat
Awesome birthday weekend! How fun for you all to be up there together (well, you were...). I NEED NEED NEED the cheesecake recipe....
Post a Comment