A couple weeks ago, Marshall turned 6 months old! We were in Houston around that time but I snapped these few at Kristin's house in Alabama on our way down. Marshall weighs 16 lbs 7 oz and is 25 1/2 inches long (shorty! hehe). They didn't have an exact number but he's somewhere between 40 and 50th percentile for both.
This little boy is seriously the cutest thing on the planet. I can't get enough of his smiles and giggles and he is not stingy with them at all. Such a friendly kid. Just the other night, our lovely babysitter was watching him and he woke up while we were gone. She said she got him out of bed and she's never heard a baby giggle so loudly! Either he was just smitten with her, or he thought it was hilarious that she was there so late, haha..
Finally weaned! I started weaning him right before we left for Houston and he adjusted so easily, even with traveling and what not. Didn't seem to mind how he was fed as long as there was food of some sort. I think he was also going through a growth spurt at the same time and I don't think my milk supply could've kept up with his growing appetite. Those of you who know me well know I'm not totally in love with breastfeeding so I am verrry happy to be done! And he seems okay with it too, so double win!
Has a pretty good schedule in the daytime and is a great napper, usually two longer naps a day. Bedtime is usually around 7pm and most nights will wake up around 4am to eat again (sometimes sooner for his binky). On occasion, he will go til 7am but not very consistently yet. To be honest every night is a guessing game. It's been a little difficult because no matter how consistent I am during the day, his nights are always different. I'm sure he will get there eventually; I'm just grateful he is so good natured during the day. Helps me to have more patience with him at night. I just don't think he sleeps very deeply yet.
He is rolling all over the place and scoots a little too. Still working on sitting up by himself but he is SO close! Once he has that figured out, I'm sure he will become more mobile. For the most part, he still seems pretty content to lay on his back or tummy to play. Oh and if you can't tell from the pictures, his favorite kind of toys are little soft stuffed animals and beanie babies. He likes rattles and teethers but he just seems so tickled when I give him little animals. Loves to cuddle and chew on them and swing them around. It's hilarious.
Just had to get a few cute shots with his adorable cousin Lucy. She is two months younger than Marshall but you wouldn't be able to tell very well from these pictures, hehe.. The last of five kids, she is such a good natured baby. We just love her to pieces and are gonna miss her and the whole Hinson clan when they head back west! Glad we snapped these before we parted ways:
And finally, quick video of his laugh.. He seriously cracks up at just about anything. I think he has my sense of humor. When I was younger, I was known for laughing at every little thing:
In case you wanted to see how similar my kids looked at this age, here is Ivy at 6 months. :)





1 comment:
Marshall is so cute and I love all these photos! I'm glad you have a happy baby to love and play with. Enjoy every moment, he will grow up before you know it! Hugs from Mema
Post a Comment