Here's a few pictures of projects I did last fall.. The wreath is burlap with light burlap flowers, idea from my lovely sisters. Wasn't too difficult, just a little time consuming. The next two were a couple crafts that I did at our Super Saturday activity in October. The O Holy Night was supposed to be navy blue but it ended up looking pretty darn close to black. Oh well! I still love it. I did see some people do a white wood with gold vinyl which I thought looked gorgeous....
In september, my mother in law gifted me these few essential items for sewing and I am forever grateful! They have changed my life in sewing and I have been taking full advantage of them:
I made a few different sets of baby burp cloths, based on this tutorial, for a close friend and my sister. I love how the navy and pink turned out for a girl. For some reason, the fabric in the store just spoke to me:
The fabric is navy blue with cute tiny hearts. Had to show a close up, otherwise it just looks like polka-dots:
And finally, my big project that took me a few months to complete... I set out to make my first quilt for baby boy, based on this tutorial. I figured it was an easy enough beginner quilt and I absolutely looved the randomness of the pattern that the girl created. So I picked out my fabrics, cut all the pieces with my new tools, and pieced the front (In some photos the bright one looks yellow, but it's actually a bright neon green):
Then I just quilted along the straight lines of the rows. The next part was a little complicated because it turns out the flannel fabric I chose for the back ended up shrinking when I washed it. Plus I'm not sure the fabric store gave me the right length to begin with but they were in Knoxville and I wasn't about to drive all the way down to get more. Anyways, I really did like the print and didn't want to switch to anything different so I just got some white cotton and made a white border. Finished off with a black binding. Thank you to Mom Robinson for helping me in my crisis days and to Richelle and Christine for helping me with the binding! First quilt=DONE! Not sure I'll ever make another one. It was a ton of work, haha. Good experience and learning though! And I do love the colors.










3 comments:
You are amazing and I love all the new projects that you completed! Great job! The quilt turned out awesome btw!
I love the quilt!!
Oh my goodness your quilt turned out fantastic! You're really brave doing triangles for your first quilt! I love how it turned out. I just may steal this quilt idea for the next one I make!
Post a Comment