Sam has been training to do a trail 50K (31 miles) for a couple months now and the Saturday after his birthday was the big day! He did the Georgia Sky to Summit trail race just 3 hours south of where we live.. I decided to opt out since his buddy Jason, who was also doing the race, was able to drive and there wouldn't be much for Ivy and I to do down there during his 7+ hour run. Anyways, start time was bright and early at 7am. Jason's friend Madison went with them to do the 8 mile run and was nice enough to take a few pics of them before and after the race. Sam caught some phone pics along the way. He said the incline was NOT easy but that the whole thing was a lot of fun. And beautiful. He finished in 7:16 which was just about his goal time of 7 hours! Woohoo! Way to go babe. (Jason came finished up a while later). So proud of my husband for setting tough goals and accomplishing them. It's definitely one of the qualities I love about him. :)
Pic of the town near the race, taken the night before:
At the summit! 18 miles in, about halfway done:






2 comments:
Awesome Run SAM!! Way to go!! I am so proud of you and can't wait to come to TN and tell you myself in less than a week!
Congratulations! That's a pretty awesome accomplishement! :)
Post a Comment