Friday, November 29, 2013

38 weeks

First pic, 36 weeks.. Second was just before 38 weeks. And now I'm almost 39 weeks! Time is just flying by. I know it doesn't look like there's much of a difference between the pics but I feel a big difference, haha. I think my belly just started to get wider instead of growing further out....

Overall feeling? Very ready. I had great energy up until the day after I was 37 weeks. The week of 36-37 was a craaaazy week with too much going on- plumbing issues in my house, Sam being at school/trying to study for a test, AND my students' voice recital was that Saturday (the day I was 37 wks), so I was preparing a lot for that.. It was stressful to say the least but we got a lot done and the recital went great (and Sam ended up doing amazing on his test, which was incredible given the circumstances, lol). I think after that, my body just shut down on me. I've felt much better this week, for the most part but that was a tough week.
Total weight gain? +26 (-ish), as of my last appointment which was last week. He's grown a ton in the past few days though so I'm sure it's more now. I'm just grateful it's not as much as with Ivy..
Cravings? Past few weeks I just have to have salty things, fried cheesesticks, fritos, nuts, etc. But I always am in need of something chocolaty each day as well, hehe.
Gender? Boy! It's been so much fun getting all his boy stuff and clothes ready. 
Baby movements? He's actually in breech position so his movements can be rather annoying sometimes, with his head pushing upwards quite a bit. Especially now that he's much bigger, lol..
Crazy weird things? Sam says I snore, haha.. Also, I've been thirsty alllll the time. For water, juice, chocolate milk, soda, you name it. Never feels like I can get enough. Makes for a lot of trips to the bathroom throughout the day but oh well. Oh and every now and again I feel super anxious, like my mind can't relax. I often wake up in the night because of the anxiousness (something that didn't happen with Ivy).. And for much of this pregnancy, I always had to be doing something, couldn't just sit an relax-- had to be cleaning, crafting, or painting my nails, anything! I just couldn't sit still.
Names? We like a completely different name than the one from a while back. And I think this one will stick... It's just funny how indecisive we both are. It was the same with Ivy. We didn't seriously consider her name until about 2 weeks before. And even then it was still down to two names until she was born, lol.. We'll see how things turn out! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Kat! Only 26 lbs?? You're amazing! We'll be thinking about you a lot in the next few weeks :) So excited!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited to come and see baby boy!(and Ivy of course!) You are down to less than a week. I am proud of you and everything you have accomplished and how beautiful you look!
Hugs from MOM

Hena Tayeb said...

congratulations..
you've probably had the baby by now..
I am counting down weeks myself.