Sunday, September 15, 2013

School life

Sam officially started his first year of medical school at the end of July! I wish I would've taken a "first day of school" pic but I just figured we'd get enough photos of his official entrance into med school during his white coat ceremony here this coming week. So far Sam has been studying hard and rocking his tests. Thanks to his post bac program last year, he already has his big anatomy class out of the way and is able to focus on the other classes a little more. He still gets his anatomy and dissection practice in, though, because he is a TA this semester for the first years, just doesn't have to study for the tests. 

Our day to day life goes a little something like this.. Sam leaves around 7:40 am for school (or I take him if I need the car), then Ivy and I get ready for the day and either hang out at home/do some chores OR we run errands in the morning.. Lunch at home (campus is close enough that Sam can take a short lunch break most days), then Ivy takes an afternoon nap while I relax or get some cleaning done... Then I teach Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons (we hired one of my students to watch Ivy while I teach and it has worked out perfectly).. I'm done around 5:30 or 6 (which is when Sam gets home) and we have dinner and hang out together until Ivy goes to bed...  Once Ivy is in bed, Tuesday nights we have scouts (cub scout masters, here) and Thursday nights I sometimes spend with some of the other med school wives. Occasionally Sam has meetings, ward softball, or intramural volleyball games going on.. Every week is different and every week we tend to stay pretty busy. I think it's been fun so far, not too stressful.. 

Our daily life----
Pickles for breakfast per request of the silly goose... and building towers:
 
At the checkout? She kept putting her food on the step (she likes to help me lift things from the cart at the grocery store so I'm pretty sure that's what she's doing, hehe:
Silly faces and feasts for the Little People (notice her feeding the octopus, lol):
 
We love visits from friends and puppies:
And fairy birthday parties with all the girls:

Weekends before tests, the students disappear for hours (or days) at a time and we usually try to find fun things to do to pass the time without them.. Like Knoxville day trips with good friends! We had soo much fun this Saturday a few weeks ago.. Surprisingly Ivy was very well behaved all day long. I think she is finally over her phase of anxiety of new places and freaking out around lots of people. We had a blast and Ivy couldn't get enough of all the kids there to play with:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ivy is such a cutie! I love all these photos of her. She is growing up and enjoying her new social life! :)xoxoxo