Wednesday, August 14, 2013

22 weeks with No. 2

Well, I'm actually 23 weeks now but the pic is from last week so I figured I'd do an update. I love looking back on my pregnancy with Ivy so I know I'd regret it if I didn't record some stuff for this one..
Sick? I was hardly sick at all this pregnancy and I feel verrrry lucky. I think I only threw up once in my first trimester, and I attribute it to changing Ivy's dirty diaper one day and the smell just got to me. I did have terrible indigestion stomach aches in the early weeks but once I found out I could take specific acid reducers, that got taken care of pretty quick. In the beginning, I was more tired than anything. And now, I just have some days here and there that I feel completely wiped out. Other than that, feeling good!
Total weight gain? about 10 lbs so far... Hoping to keep things on the low end this time around (especially considering I was a little bigger to begin with than before Ivy).
Cravings? This has been a weird one from the beginning. Mainly because it was so different than with Ivy (and a little tip off that it was going to be a boy, I think). In the first few months I was craving anything salty and fat-packed (which is very outside of our little family's diet changes that we've made).. ANYTHING fried-- chicken, mozzarella sticks, etc, and cheeseburgers.. Then for some reason for a few weeks in there, I craved nothing but tuna sandwiches (pretty out of the ordinary for me) and pickles. Now it's more just salty foods rather than sweets. 
Gender? BOY! We've known for a little while now and are so very excited. I'm a little nervous because so far, all I know is girl.. Sam is beyond thrilled though.
Maternity clothes? Not very much yet.. one pair of shorts are maternity but most of my shirts were nice and loose already (thanks to the fashions these past couple years)..
Crazy weird things? My taste buds are completely out of whack and keep changing every few weeks. There was a time about a month ago where everything tasted extra sour to me. I couldn't eat watermelon or many fruits because they tasted so sour. It's subsided a little but now things tend to have a bitter aftertaste when I know they shouldn't. It's strange. I often have to have Sam taste test much of my cooking lately because of this.. 
First kicks? I was feeling the baby move around 16 wks! I couldn't believe how early I could start to feel him kicking around.. he is SO darn low. The kid just literally sits down there on my bladder. It's glorious. The bowling ball between the legs thing has been going on already for a while now. Sometimes when I stand up, I feel like he's just gonna fall out already but I hear this is pretty common with the second baby.. 
Names? We both like a particular name right now but I hate saying anything is permanent until the babe actually gets here. And ever since we've talked about this name, I've been hearing it everywhere. It wasn't very common out west because it's a more classic name but for some reason, I feel like every other kid around here has the name. haha, darnit. SO we'll see if it sticks. I might get sick of it before the kid comes. lol. Plus, the names we like now aren't even the close to the names we liked weeks ago so we'll see what we like in the coming months...

3 comments:

Emily White said...

yay! you look awesome! and yes every kid after the first feels like they are just going to fall right outta there :) and yes, names get super tricky after the first...i had the hardest time with my third baby, stressed about it the whole pregnancy, and then finally chose a name in the hospital when I wasn't feeling so yucky

Unknown said...

You look super cute! Congrats to your little family! Ivy is adorable by the way.

A. B. said...

How exciting!! Boys are so much fun! You'll just love it!