Monday, April 22, 2013

Practice

I was just trying to get the hang of lighting and focus with my camera one day a few weeks ago.. Ivy is the perfect little model to have, besides the fact that she is pretty darn wiggly these days. Especially if we are ever outside... Anyways, a lot of these I switched to manual focus per my good friend's suggestion to try it out. I do LOVE how they turn out but it is pretty dang hard to be so quick with it. It will take lots of practice...  



I love having a big yard for her to roam around..


Aren't these weeds just lovely? lol.. wish they were flowers but still thought the pic turned out kinda cool.. playing with the focus:
Back inside:


6 comments:

A. B. said...

Love these! You're already so great!

Kari said...

Love those giant brown eyes :) good job with the camera!! I need to figure mine out too. And I love where you live!! The scenery is so pretty the weeds are actualy kinda cool looking and Ivy is the perfect little model :)

Sarah said...

Manual focus...I have not tried that one yet. Keep up the photo posts...I enjoy reading what you are learning!!!

Unknown said...

I love the close ups of Ivy's dark eyes! Reminds me of you, Kathryn when you were two :)

Unknown said...

Tell me what kind of camera you have? The camera I bought shortly after Eva was born is starting to fade on me... the autofocus doesn't work very well anymore and it doesn't have a manual focus option. Do you like your current camera? How much did you spend on it?

Unknown said...

p.s. I love those pictures. Ivy is just too too cute :)