Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New Year's

We played it pretty low key this year.. Took a trip to Middlesboro, picked up some sparkling grape juice and some stuff to have a yummy BBQ, then chilled most of the day at home. So eventful. We are big partiers in this family, as you can clearly tell. ;-) The good news is, I finally decided to find my camera and take a couple shots of the babe. She's so cute. Still got some phone pics mingled in there but I was glad to get a few good shots of my pretty girl... 


 Ivy enjoying an oreo for dessert while Mommy and Daddy's dinner was being grilled:
BBQ bacon wrapped shrimp. Dinner for champions. If you've never had this before, I just have to say, it's one of the easiest and tastiest things to grill. Just take shrimp, wrap it in bacon pieces, stick it on the skewer and dowse the skewers with your favorite bbq sauce and grill. You will never be disappointed. I promise. We've been making it for years and it never fails. :)
OH and we finally got this girl some new after-Christmas Christmas jammies. Thank you JCPenney's clearance rack. hehe.. She needed a new pair anyways and we never got a chance to take her pic in front of the tree so I figured better late than never. :)
After baby bug was in bed, we relaxed and finished watching the Patrick Swayze episodes of North and South and enjoyed our sparkling grape juice. Party people, I tell ya. It was wonderful. 
I'm terrible at making goals. Mainly because I'm not very good at following up on them. It doesn't really bother me; I just know I'm not a very motivated kind of person when it comes to specific goal-keeping. SO this year, instead of making a list of specific things I'd like to do (which I have tried to do every year in the past haha), my resolution is just to strive to be better. A better me. That might include spiritual things, as well as just a better housekeeper and mom. That might include becoming healthier, being more positive, or just always trying to find joy in everyday things. So far, I think it's going well. I like this better me. Hopefully she sticks around for a while. :) As for Sam, he is pretty much the opposite of me when it comes to being motivated. Anything he decides he wants to change, gets changed within the week and he never looks back. And that goes for any time of the year. He's not so much a new years's resolution type of person as he is goal-oriented all year long. So here's to you my love- may your resolution be to achieve every goal you set throughout the year. :)

3 comments:

andyandchrista said...

Ivy is getting SO big!! She's such a cutie! Man we miss you guys and your bacon wrapped shrimp :)

Annie said...

I love it when you update your blog. It's unfortunately the only contact I have with you!

I have a love/hate relationship with New Year's Eve. I like playing with friends and family, but I hate being forced to stay up until midnight. Watching the clock change from 11:59 to 12:00 always feels so anticlimactic.

Unknown said...

Miss Ivy sooo much! She is cute in her new jammies :) LOVE those big brown eyes! Hugs and kisses from her Mema! xoxoxox