Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sewing project #2 completed

first sewing project:
Did I ever post this? I don't think I did.. here is my first sewing project from back in April. It was a maxi skirt for myself using this tutorial. anyways, just wanted to document it considering it was the first thing I made with my sewing machine.

I must have a thing for blue this season. For my second project, I really wanted to make something for Ivy. I found an easy tutorial for a perfect little sundress and went to pick out the fabric back in April. I just got around to making it last week and I love how it turned out, minus the few imperfections here and there.. I'm learning, I'm learning. I still consider myself to be quite a beginner considering I have to ask my friend Christa tons of questions for just about every single step. haha! Anyways, sorry the pics are a little blurry. I couldn't get this girl to sit still for the life of me. Oh and the blue part across the top is supposed to go straight under her arms but her chub kept getting in the way because she likes to lift her arms a lot these days haha.. Like I said, not perfect but dang cute, I think.. 
In case you are interested in making one, here is the link for the tutorial.. The girl made it so easy to figure out the measurements for just about any size dress, whether you want a girl size or baby size: Sundress Tutorial

I originally found the tutorial on pinterest. I loove pinterest for this reason. Pretty much any crafts/sewing projects I make or want to make, I find on there. If you haven't gotten an account yet, do it! It really is awesome. Next project that I've been working on is a quiet book for church, plane rides, etc. I love it so far but it is a long ways away from being done. I'll post pics when it's finished. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

quite impressive!! I'm a total beginner too, which is why I think it's so cool that you started out with clothes. My first sewing project was a skirt as well, but it didn't turn out as nicely as yours did.... in fact it was a disaster. And then I tried again... and it was a disaster again. And I wasn't even working with jersey fabric like you were! That is TOUGH to sew! I haven't attempted any clothing projects since then, lol. Nicely done!

Sarra said...

Those are awesome!

I've recently gotten the bug to learn how to sew. Which means I need a machine and perhaps a class or two, and a project (no shortage of stuff I want to make) and someone to ask tons of questions to. :)
Perhaps by the time I get what I want, I'll be asking you questions! :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I've seen your skirt in person and was very impressed with your first sewing project! Well done! Ivy's sun-dress is adorable! You showed me that fabric in April. I love it with blue on top :) So cute with the matching Sandals!!
Hugs from MOM