Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Quarter of a century

Man I'm getting old. haha! When I was younger, I remember 24 being the age that I thought sounded old. And 25 is beyond that. yikes. I won't bore you with any more ramblings of my thoughts on age.. I'll get to the fun stuff. :) This year, I decided I wanted to finally buckle down and learn to sew. *gasp* I knoow. I know. I always said I never really had a desire to learn to sew. Maybe I can thank having a baby for changing that. Or maybe all the ideas and tutorials on Pinterest. ha! (only half kidding).. Well whatever the reason, I'm already so glad I decided to learn. Sam found me the perfect sewing machine that I'm sure will last me a long time, at least until I decide to upgrade to a more complicated one in the distant future. Anywho, I had my first class and I learned a ton and am super excited for my next classes. Can't wait to do a some projects this summer! I haven't even sewn anything yet and I can already tell I might become addicted. hehee..

Ivy was so sweet to help her mama open her birthday gift...

Also, just wanted to include a picture of my new necklace that was sort of in between a Valentine's day and Birthday gift. I had lost my favorite silver necklace that I wore almost every day so I needed a replacement and felt like this would more than make up for it:
To celebrate, I told Sam I reeeally wanted to go to the Melting Pot in SLC, this awesome fondue restaurant. Some good friends of ours, Alainna and Stephen offered to watch Ivy for us so we could have dinner together. They live just near downtown so it was perfect! Dinner was super fun and so delicious!





Alainna also made me an awesome rainbow cake for us to come back and celebrate at their house afterwards. I just love the rainbow chip frosting. It's the best. Thanks guys for watching Ivy, the cake, and for hanging out with us afterwards! We don't get to see them very much since we live a little ways away but were soo glad we could hang out at least one more time before we move away forever! We had such a great time. I had a very, very happy birthday with people I love! It was perfect. Oh and thank you to family and friends for the cards, well wishes, etc. They were very appreciated. Love you all.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Well Happy Birthday to you!! Dang, I miss the Melting Pot... yum!!

Anonymous said...

You married such a great guy! Sam is so good to you, Kathryn! I am so happy you got a new sewing machine :) YOU will love it! Sam is such a sweetie for taking you to the Melting Pot on your 25th Birthday!
Love you tons, MOM
ps
See you soon :)

Richelle said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! Fun, fun! You are going to be making the cutest things on your sewing machine!

Alainna Beus said...

Ahhh shucks! Thanks Kat! So happy we could be part of your bday! I will get those pics to you...If I can just remember when I actually have a second to do it!! SOrry!