Monday, December 12, 2011

Thanksgiving in Idaho

This year, we decided to go spend a few days up in Idaho with Sam's sister Amy and her family. We picked up Mom Robinson from the airport in SLC on our way up so she could spend Thanksgiving up there too. Then Joe and Emily joined us for a couple days somewhere in there (didn't get any pics with them). It was a continuous party all week long. And we had such an awesome time!

Ivy in her cute Turkey shirt (thank you pinterest, lol) on Thanksgiving.. Yes we take way too many pics of her. It's hard not to though. I'm sure you other mom's can relate...

I was a little nervous about how Ivy would do considering this was our first real trip since she was a newborn.. Other than driving in a bit late on that first night and Ivy thinking it's time to play at 11:30pm after her 3 hour nap in the car, she did great! Matt and Amy's house must have awesome insulation because she slept like a champ for almost every nap and during the night, despite there being lots of people around the house.. The only adjustment for us was sleeping the same room as her. I'm grateful we had a bedroom to ourselves but goodness, she is one noisy sleeper lol! Rolling around, scratching the side of the pack n play, grunting, farting.. her little noises went on all night long, haha! Make's me grateful we live in a 2 bedroom apartment.

Anywho, it was so fun to visit with Matt and Amy. The last time we had been up there was back in March so we definitely had some catching up to do. It was also fun to visit with Matt's family when they came to hang out.. Thanks Matt and Amy for having us!! I'm sure we will be back up to visit soon. :)

Just a few pics of Thanksgiving day- Matt stitching up the turkey in the morning (we let the doctor handle that one, of course).. Then the other pics are just from hanging out after dinner...
I just love her gummy smile.
And again, because she's cute- more random pics of baby girl from the trip.. She's discovered her shoelaces lately. oh and perfecting the army crawl. She is hilarious.
This year I am so grateful for families, especially our own little family. I think having a baby has really helped us realize what is most important in life and how blessed we truly are. I'm grateful that the Lord trusts us enough with caring for one of his special daughters and couldn't be happier in my life because of this... I'm also grateful for each of our own families- our brothers, sisters, moms, and dads with whom we feel such love and support from. I know that the Lord sends each of us to our own families for a reason and I'm grateful for the family that was chosen for me, and for Sam. I know this post was a little late but hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving! 

1 comment:

Whit said...

She is a cutie pa tootie!