It's true. Baby girl turns 4 months old today. Crazy how time really takes off once school starts. Even though she may not quite be as big as most 4 month olds yet (only 11 lbs 14 oz as of a week ago), Ivy is so darn smart and so much more wiggly these days. It is so fun to watch the new things she does and discovers each day..
No giggles yet but she is such a cheese ball when it comes to smiling. Her big grins just melt my heart! It's kinda funny though because usually when she smiles this big, it's completely silent, lol. However, she has started cooing and talking a lot more. The other day at church it even sounded like she was trying to sing along with us during the hymn. It was hilarious.
Ivy is doing much better with naps these days and will even nap in her carseat when we are out! yay! When at home, she really only cries for about 5-10 minutes in her crib before falling asleep each time (it must be just her way of winding down I guess) and stays asleep for at least an hour or two. If we are out running errands, she has gotten much better about falling asleep in her seat and staying asleep. Before, the littlest bump would wake her up but she doesn't really care about things like that anymore. She just stays asleep now which makes things soo much easier for me.
She has recently discovered her toes. They are probably her most favorite thing right now. She is always grabbing them and just lately started sucking on them, hehe.. It is the cutest thing to watch. Oh and she is a constant wiggler. No longer are the days when she can just sit quietly on my lap looking around. She has to be standing or wiggling around. all. the. time.
We are slowly getting better at nighttime. She will now go all the way from 9pm til 5 or 5:30am before I have to feed her again (with the usual few wake ups for her binky before then) and then go back down til around 7:30 or 8. I'm starting to put her down in the evenings around 7:30 or 8pm and making that last feeding sort of a dream feed, really. That way, I can eventually just stop the dream feed. I just wanna wait til she gains a little more weight though...
Ivy can now roll over both ways although she isn't very good about tummy to back yet. She has done it a number of times but I dont think she gets the correlation between not liking being on her tummy for very long and being able to push herself back over. It's almost impossible to keep her from flipping over from her back to tummy lately though so she will have to learn pretty quick, lol..
Little miss has sort of started doing this little army scoot lately. Because she isn't very good about flipping back over, she squirms and squirms out of frustration til she reaches her toys nearby. Then she usually just looks at them. But I have seen her reach for her binky on the floor and try to pull it closer to her face to try and get it with her mouth. That's when I really realized I have a smarty pants on my hands!
And here is our little cheese-ball. I just love her scrunched up nose.





8 comments:
She is so cute Kat! I love it. We have got to get these girls little girls to meet and be friends! Thanks for the help the other day. I'll let you know how it all goes :).
So sooo cute! Her scrunchy smile is a Brown thing for sure. You guys all do that! She is adorable Kat. So glad we got to see each other-- with you were down here so our babies could play! Hurry up and move back!
aww so happy for you kat! she is beautiful. i'm glad you love being a mom. miss you!! i hope i can meet your cute little girl one day!
what an adorable little girl! I also love her scrunched up nose, hehehe :) Life seems a million times better when the baby finally learns how to sleep well! I'm glad she is getting easier in that way. What a doll!
Ok...so you win...you have the smallest child at 4 months. I was for sure our kids would be the champs, but nope, little Ivy has won. She is a tiny little thing. She has a lot of cute little facial expressions. Thanks for sharing the cute pictures!!
I miss Ivy so much! These pictures and your post is so darn cute! Please hug and kiss Ivy for Mema :)
What a happy baby girl!!
She is so stinkin cute! She is doing so many of the same things Lilly was doing at that age. Adorable pics and you know I love the scrunched up smiley face! So cute!! Hope to meet her soon someday!! Love you!
oh my goodness. Kathryn. She is to die for.
Post a Comment